A {free} Project Video...{...why of course it's free - it's crap...}

Recently, after being invited to be one of the teachers in Jeanne Oliver's new online course, "Becoming | The Unfolding of You", I made my first real project video...for that class.



Now, I've made one art video. But it was just a time lapse video, set to music. I didn't have to talk or teach or do anything but do my thing. At the time, even that was well out of my comfort zone!



That little video has gotten so much love...I've had several emails from people who say they watched it and cried. Then, they asked me to make more. And I sort of never did.



Because y'all...videos are hard work.

I spent an inordinate amount of time on both the videos I created for Jeanne's online class. Mainly, it took so much time because I have been too lazy to surf the learning curve before she asked me to participate in "Becoming". I simply did not/do not understand the work flow involved - and there is a definite process. There are steps. And then, once you master the basic steps, there are beautiful things like intro's and tags and music you can add.



Today, I decided that it was way past time for me to master the workflow and surf the curve - the goal being to be able to create quality art project videos, and know exactly what I am doing, every step of the way.



But, just like podcasting, I first have to be willing to do some things badly. Lucky you.

















Wait for it....wait for it....waaaaaaaaait for it.....okay, here it is:




















...I guess I am asking you to hang in there with me.  Better days are coming, friends.  Better days are coming....

























5 comments:

Unknown said...

Fun! Im going to have to try that. I use the brush pens with my watercolor pencils. I've always wanted to play with the Tim Holtz Inks, but never bought them. Maybe I'll try these instead! I'm inspired =) Thanx! You did good! Just didn't get to see your face...that's my only complaint. Hahaha.
XO~Janet

Sheila Atchley said...

I've re-opened the dusty comment box! While most people respond through other avenues of social media - on my Facebook page, my Instagram, and most actually prefer the anonyminity of an email - I have decided to re-open the comments box here, too.

For those of you who find your way here, and have something to say...

Sheila Atchley said...

Thank you, Janet, my friend. I can't wait to come to your cabin on the lake and get those watercolor lessons! :)))

Juli said...

Wow another way to play with color. I have the water brushes and use them with my Koi Watercolor field set but I never thought to fill them with color. I will have to play with that.
Thanks for sharing.

Sheila Atchley said...

Juli, you CANNOT. KNOW. how much you just made my day. ha ha. I have almost taken this post down, a few times. Thank you for your kind and gracious words, and for taking the time to leave a comment!