Summer Breeze - Makes Me Feel Fine


July seems a wonderful month to play Wynton Marsalis CD's nonstop. Languid trumpet-playing and sultry summer evenings are a match made in my version of heaven. July is the perfect month for consuming cool, crisp salads of every description. I can become a salad snob in July. Whereas the rest of the year, I am content with romaine lettuce and ranch dressing, the heat of July and August changes my palate. I begin the elusive search for cold vegetable Nirvana, experimenting with exotic salad sauces like cucumber wasabi or southwest caesar. I will concoct my own dressings of olive oil, a splash of wine, seasoned with just-harvested herbs, coarse salt, and fresh ground pepper. Toss something like that with butter-soft, cool-crunchy lettuces, walnuts, mandarin orange slices, and lots of feta cheese, and all you need is a grilled something-or-other to make a meal. Why am I telling all this? I am not one to be miserly with my bliss. A stunning salad, a July evening at home, and Marsalis' trumpet playing go together...I want the world to know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"SheilaDearest"....LOVE the jazz music! And I LOVE your blog! Keep up the good work!

Love you muchly,
Wendy

Sheila Atchley said...

*squeal* WENDY! (How is it I can see you at church, hear from you via email, wave at you as you drive by my street sometimes, and still get excited to see you "here"???) Thank you for leaving a comment...