My Valentine's Day Present

You won't believe what Tim gave me for Valentine's Day. He gave it to me today. He gave it a day early because he is an Atchley, and Atchleys can't stand waiting until "the day" - be it birthday, Christmas, Mother's Day, whatever - and...well....because he loves me.


Oh, look! Look at this beautiful thing ~





He's a Variegated Scottish Fife Canary. He is a little traumatized from the ride home. I'm told this is normal, and as long as I feed him scrumptious things like apples and raisins, and keep him out of drafts, and maybe even play some bird song CD's for him (I do have one playing right now, in fact)...

...I'm told he'll sing again within the week.

I can't wait.

7 comments:

Jamie said...

What I WILL say: OH!!! Beautiful!! To hear it sing...WOW!! I'm jealous, again!

What I wanted to say: "Sthufferin' sthuccotath. A snthack!"...Sylvester the Cat. :P

MrsWendy said...

Oh how SWEET! : ) He is so pretty! What is his name? Can't wait to see and hear him!

Rejoicing with you....
Wendy

Robin in New Jersey said...

Oh my goodness...I love it! I have wanted a bird for teh longest time. Maybe someday...

what did you name him?

Donna-Jean Breckenridge said...

Just a note to say (love the bird!!) - you are wonderful. I will write you a long note soon - but meantime, know that I think of you so, so often, and I thank my God upon every remembrance of you...

Anonymous said...

Sheila, He's so beautiful!
and looks so cheerful :)

Ursula said...

Sheila...

He is beautiful! Whats his name?

Hope was beautiful...did I say that already...oh man!!!! And I only giggled a little....

You have a gift woman!!!!!

I cried and and I howled(with laughter!!!) I could just imagine the faces you were pulling!!!!!!!!!

Love you loads!!!!!

Your
daugtersisterfriendfamilybuddyofyours

jul said...

My sister has a canary she rescued off the streets of Toronto. She plays guitar and sings for him and he sings along, she's a crazy bird woman and won't leave him anywhere unless she can call and talk on the phone to him, but usually she takes him with her, and he was in her wedding...