She Is Here

It is after midnight, and I am finally home and settled. My heart is full, I feel so blessed. Aidyn Esther arrived this evening...all 9 pounds 5 ounces and 22 inches of her! It was love at first sight for PopPop and me both.

I didn't get to really hold her until after 10 PM! But I was patient and kind...unassuming, letting others feel like they were getting their special moment.

Because grandmothers do not have to assert who they are....they simply are. And Aidyn will get to know me well and early. And I am so rich I can afford to be gracious.

And grandmothers have impeccable manners.

Besides - she's mine. All mine...in that special way that only grandmothers (and great grandmothers) can say.

Are you ready to be dunked in adorableness???? Here you go:






I. Am. Solid. Gone.

We finally got to have our long talk together, Miss Princess and me. I told her I was wild about her. She told me it was mutual. I told her I would bring her some mousse for her hair first thing tomorrow morning. She said "Thank you, Mimi. You "get" me."

Oh, I get you, baby girl. You and me? We got our own thing going.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

6 comments:

Susan said...

Oh sweet Mimi ... what a blessing you have :) ahhhh, brings back memories of my little princess' "grand entrance day" .... Sometimes it's *only* the grandmothers who "get" their granddaughters (and they get us too when nobody else does)

We have a special responsibility to our granddaughters ... they watch every little move we make & say either of 2 things --- "I want to be just like my Granny" *or* "I sure don't want to be like her" ... my prayer is the first.

Lots of love to you & Pop-Pop ... and your precious family.

Robin in New Jersey said...

Congratulations! She is a beauty!

Unknown said...

Amen Momma,
When I finally (I say that cause any amount of time waiting felt like eternity... what idiot said 5o' clock) got to hold her lol... I told her "open your eyes baby cause you want to see the face of your favorite person." lol lol

Sheila Atchley said...

Hannah, you will so be her favorite person...I know that for sure. I will have to be okay with it. ACK!

Susan, AMEN to your comment. I want very much for my life to be Aidyn's role model and I want to be the sort of grandmother that she is deeply and positively affected by.

Thank you, Robin! :). We will be taking off here soon to go see her today!!!

Beth Cole said...

Congratulations, Sheila, she is beautiful!

Ursula said...

Oh she is soooo super cute. I've been out of 'tinternet contact' and have been a-dying to see these! Oh my. How cute is she.