His Message In The Heavens




I spent some time this evening rejoicing in "this Divine Romance"....this "thing" that my Creator and I have for one another.

As I lay there, sprawled precariously across a short wicker love seat on my back porch, the rhythmic song of cicadas and the briskness of night air, so different from the usual languid warmth of southern summer evenings, filled me with joy.

And He spoke of His love for me.

And He spoke of my destiny - nothing big at all, in light of the fact that the Creator of the universe also created me and knows me by name and loves me. Is there a better destiny, a more-to-be-desired-than-this, lot in life? Not to my captivated heart. Frankly, whatever you desire other than Him....you can have it all. You can have my portion. Give me Jesus...lover of my soul.

And I sang to Him.

And blew Him a kiss or three. (That's my personal expression of profound worship.)

And I rejoiced in all He has done for me of late.

And He pointed out to me the fact that the outrageous love I'd experienced from The Preacher yesterday, was in fact, also Him loving me through my nearest physical vessel...

...yesterday, I had suddenly become sick, with aches and cough and misery and no voice. I could only sleep. And croak. And feel terribly unlovely. Yet...yet...

...yet The Preacher brought me flowers.  And throughout his busy day, he managed to bring me a dozen or so juices, hot ciders, teas, and home made soup...enough to float a battle ship...crazy-extravagant care by any marriage standard...constantly checking in on me, by text message, by phone (though I could only whisper) and in person as he worked...

...God was trying to get something through to my heart.

"I know that was Tim, but...that was You, too, Lord?"

Yes, it was Him. Then He said to me, "I'll prove it. Look at the sky...just get still, and watch...I will blow you a kiss in the form of a falling star."

So I looked straight up...watching...no longer than five or ten minutes...and just when I thought I might have heard wrong...

...blazing and bright and bold and brief, there it went. A falling star, streaking the ink blue sky.

Remarkably, I didn't weep. I didn't feel chill bumps or Holy Ghost fire. I broke out in a grin, laughed out loud, and said, "God, you're crazy!"

It just popped out. He knows I wasn't being irreverent. I was responding in sheer delight, because there was something of His smile in it first. He laughed first.


Oh, how He loves me.

"...it is more to worship God, and more very delight, that we faithfully pray to Him of His Goodness, and cleave to Him by His grace, with true understanding, and made steadfast by love, than if we took all the means our heart can think. For if we took all these means, it is too little, and not full worship to God; but in His goodness is all the whole, and then faileth right not."

~Julian of Norwich


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

ADaughterAbidinginGrace said...

I adore this post momma.... ADORE IT

Unknown said...

I ADORE this post momma... ADORE IT