I Dedicate This Blog To Justin...

Justin, lover of cheese.



I ran across a quote in my art book/slash/ calendar. The quote yanked a huge grin out of me, which was a necessary and medicinal thing, seeing as my youngest son and I had a bit of a row over his grammar lessons this morning.



This lovely book is entitled The Year in Art, and each day features a painting to the right of the two page spread, and a quote to the left. Today's painting is Breakfast Piece, by Floris Van Dyck:



The quote is GK Chesterton (wouldn't you know it?) :


"The poets are mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese."



My friend Justin (my daughter Hannah's long-time boyfriend, Godly man, high achiever, and - Tim and I speculate - her future spouse...no pressure, Justin...) has the soul of a warrior-poet, and is also an avid cheese lover. I trust he shall remedy this situation forthwith.

Please see Justin's blog, "Equipped For Battle", when you have time to go lolly-blogging. You'll find his link under "My Favorite Blogs".

2 comments:

Justin said...

Hmmm... poets are mysteriously quiet on the subject of cheese, aren't they? How depressing... Surely there's at least one good cheese poem out there??

And by the way, the photos of cheese are breathtaking. Some people are "taken away" by scenery of hills laced with snow, or by a sea of fiery leaves on the mountains (not burning... trees in the fall...). However, my tongue can't help but water when I see those lovely pictures; my heart is made quite happy, and tummy quite hungry :P

Thanks Sheila!

Liz Overton said...

LOL!