Big, Big, BIG Announcement...

Today, November 21st, 2009, my beautiful daughter Sarah became engaged to Jonathan Howe. He took her out on a date, and proposed in the most romantic way. He purchased a stunning ring for her, getting every detail right, artist that he is. Impeccable taste in women and jewelry.

Hannah and Justin came over, and we all eagerly awaited Sarah and Jonathan's arrival back home, and they were glad and gracious to share the moments with us. I joyfully share them with you~



Um, I sort of wrote the words. I did my best.



Presents from Hannah, all tied up in ribbons...



Our family's chalkboard wall - keeper of many happy moments!



They're HOME!




Proud, proud daddy. Emotional moment. Jonathan is a man of God - that is what matters intensely to him.



THE ring. Wish you could see the gallery...simple, elegant, yet unusual and beautiful.



Giddy couple...



Hannah, beginning the season of engagement for her sister with a hand written, hilarious, dramatic rendition of her own...



Listening and snuggling...



Dad absolutely must now have "the apple talk". Jonathan was laughing so hard he couldn't speak.



Telling her Mima and Granddaddy the big news...



Sisters forever...best friends forever, too.




Arranging the massive amount of flowers Jonathan got for her today...

And tonight, I discover (with delight, I add) that tomorrow I will be hosting lunch for about 14 people - Jonathan's family, our family. And so it begins! Whew. Two weddings in one year. I don't know when exactly they will get married, the date has not been set, but yeah...these daughters of mine are my double portion - I've had to do everything in two's for the last twenty-two years, and my heart is beyond glad.


If you are near and dear enough to come along for the ride, please fasten your seatbelts, and keep your hands and arms inside at all times.


Precious friends, the words of a poem come to mind:
"Grow old along with me
The best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made
Our times are in his hand
Who saith, 'A whole I planned,
Youth shows but half; Trust God: See all, nor be afraid!'”

So here we go. Are you ready? I'm so glad you are here with us! This is going to be great!











2 comments:

MrsWendy said...

Okay...my FAVORITE picture is of the girls showing off their rings! LOVE THAT!! And the 'Apple Story'...TOO FUNNY! ::happy sigh:: These are THE BEST of times dearest! :-)

Sheila Atchley said...

The best of the best of times. Wendy - you saw the ring. It has a..."nice-sized" diamond! Ahem. It would be rude to tell how much he spent - suffice it to say I about keeled over. It is a designed ring...by a jewelry designER. ::silly grin::

You know. Someone who creates beautiful bling for a living.

And he so obviously adores her...he hugs and kisses her openly, warm and affectionate, is so tender towards her, and admiring of her. This young man is so far above and beyond what Sarah hoped for, and is leaps and bounds beyond any other young man who has ever been interested in her...better looking, far more accomplished, loves her more selflessly, and is more on fire for God than any man Sarah has ever known.

She held out for the best, and got it.