Of Front Porches and Christmas

I have spent a blissful afternoon today decorating my front porch for Christmas. The only "rule" I made for myself was that nothing could be bought ~ it all had to come from my garden, combine with what was already there, and be finished off from my small stash of bows and berries I always use for the holidays.

Clippers in hand, I went to work, chopping greenery from our Leland cypress trees, and many many stems from my sweet olive bush. The fragrance of the small white flowers on that sweet olive, combined with the fresh scent of evergreen now fills the air on my front porch. Here are the happy results of an afternoon's quiet work ~



Front door




Tim found and then painted that rock for me, twenty years ago.




I someday want steps right where that double rocker is sitting...





added greenery and large, red ornaments to the pansies already in the planters




Swag, hung on the column




The whole porch





The planters, from the obvious perspective - standing over them.






This is my favorite. My strawberry jar was repurposed beautifully!


Come to my back porch, now, where I want to show you the....ornamental cabbage



the old wagon, with pansies and cabbage (needs more pansies, but I digress...)





the firepit, from behind (sunflower seed bird feeder in foreground)






the firepit - twinkle lights on the little trees!




the sun was setting as I finished up...




And now we've come full circle again to the front porch. Come sit and have some hot tea with me. God has been good to us, no?



From my front porch to your heart, here is my Thanksgiving "card" to all of you~


















No comments: