Now That Christmas Is Over...

Time to plan a wedding, friends. The vibe is kinda vintage, kinda casual, but not completely casual...and done on a small budget. Two weddings in one year...well, enough said. We are trusting God for provision.



We pulled off Hannah's wedding on an equally small budget, and it turned out lovely. So we are undaunted by it all, and I now must move instantly into wedding mode.



(Oh, I will still enthuse about grace and church life and theology and recipes - and thank you for putting up with a blog that runs the whole gamut...even encouraging me to keep writing. You say you come here to be encouraged and inspired and entertained. My prayer is that God gifts me more and more and more to do exactly those three things! Someone let me know last week that they visit my blog each day, hoping to find something new, and are disappointed when I haven't posted yet. That is a high, high compliment, one that I do not take lightly. I shall do my best for my blog friends, new and old!)



Please, please I beg you...if you have any simple, beautiful wedding ideas, things that can be done for little money and big style, email me! I am so open! Any websites, any blogs, pictures, tips, any anything. That is how my creative soul works. I gather and gather and gather inspiration, and then condense it and stew on it, and out comes something hopefully new and fresh and creative.



Here are Sarah's and my inspirations so far (keep in mind these are our visual inspirations, not "the plan"...)



We love the baby's breath!




collage...


more baby's breath...



vintage vibe...




outside, casual vibe





barn vibe...(our reception location looks almost exactly like this, only even better, with gorgeous post and beam construction. It is a dream-place!)

Please pray for us, and again, we encourage your ideas, tips, whatever. If you run across pictures that veritably ooze classy- vintage- wedding, send them on!


Let the games begin...





5 comments:

MrsWendy said...

Woooo hooooo!! :-) It's gonna be GOOD Dearest!! :-)

Robin in New Jersey said...

Sheila Hi! I am so glad I found you again. Our computer died back in Oct. and I lost all my favorite blogs.

When I saw the barn it reminded me of something I saw in Maryjane's Organic Farm book. I can't remember the exact name. Maryjane's Idea Book maybe? She did her daughter's wedding outside and in a barn and their are photos in that book.

Blessings!

Sheila Atchley said...

Yes, Wendy it IS! :-)

Hi Robin! I'll google that - thank you! It is so, so good to hear from you again. It is also strange to think how that, when I first got to know you on the home education CM e-group, my girls were only about 12 or 13!!

Time flies. Please do stay in touch!

Rachel said...

Hey Sheila. I don't know how big the ceremony is going to be, but I have the vases I used at every table (at the reception) that you can borrow and some little gift bags left over you guys can use. Let me know if they could help you out! I did fake flowers, which was really cheap at hobby lobby with all the 50% off sales they have. . . . rachel

Sheila Atchley said...

Well hey there, Rach! (I just now learned that I can magnify my computer screen to 150%...I'm in a very good mood. This is heaven. I can see what I'm writing!)

Thank you. We're expecting 200+ guests - I'm thinking you wouldn't have that many bags left over? If so - we'd love to use them. I wonder if there even is a such thing as silk baby's breath? Or just artificial baby's breath? The stuff I've seen so far doesn't have that floaty, ethereal look to it that real baby's breath has. And it may in fact be more expensive to do artificial baby's breath, but if I can find the right kind I don't care. For me, the idea is to get as much done ahead of schedule as I can!

The fresh stuff, I'd have to go and pick up at the florist the day before, and then make bouquets and arrangements and garlands and wreaths all in one day. I'd rather not, if I can avoid that.

Well, I better run. I'm sitting here with curlers in my hair! Thanks for dropping by...