Transitional Decorating...

I said I'd post pictures. I got our Christmas decorations put away, and dragged some winter branches home from the house of a neighbor who had to trim back a damaged dogwood tree. I haven't cut paper snowflakes, but I did find some pretty snowflakes half price (50 cents for four of them!), to hang from these beautiful bare branches ~










I am in love with mercury glass lately. I found some mercury glass birds for two dollars each ~



(no, I don't iron my tablecloths. ::sigh:: I should.)

And some mercury glass candles for two dollars each (price tags still on them. I was so excited to share these with you, I didn't take time to take the tags off!) ~




(That's an amaryllis blooming there, in the middle, and a mosiac glass maple leaf tray at the far end...)
This should take me through January and February. I so heart seasonal decorating!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Are snowflakes not the most beaurtiful things in the world..all so different, each and every one of them...my *very* favorite..
I just love the way you decorate for each season...

love
Vickie E

Sheila Atchley said...

Oh my friend...if you like snowflakes, I'll have to see if I can find you that snowflake book you see in the picture. If I see it, I am getting your own copy for you! The photos of the snowflakes in it are breathtaking. Thank you...it feels *good* to be at such deep, deep peace and rest again - "my old self" again - shaking off the shackles of quasi-spirituality in favor of the REAL thing...grace-infused LIFE in Christ!

Pearl Maple said...

Sweet snowflakes for your seasonal decor, it is lovely to celebrate the change of seasons with different decorations.

Snowflake book as me curious, it looks like a cutie.

Sheila Atchley said...

Hi Pearl Maple!

I am making a note, and I will post about the book and its author soon - it is a "must have", and not expensive at all. Thank you so very much for stopping by...

Melissa Miller said...

Beautifully displayed Sheila!
Love your silver snowflakes.

Many Blessings. ~Melissa :)

Sheila Atchley said...

Thank you, Melissa - you are gracious to leave a comment!