Random Musings...

Another New Year's Eve.

2009 was a mixture of "the best of times, the worst of times". I'm a better woman for having experienced the extremes. Poised to open the door to 2010, this door is quite beautiful in my imagination. It is barely cracked open, welcoming the future. It is a vintage door with peeling paint, unpretentious, and unlike any door you could find in a design catalog or on the internet or hanging on the front of any McMansion...




...something like this, but my New Year's door is surrounded by urns of the most fragrant flowers, and all this beauty hints as to what lies beyond this door - a fresh, new year. My friend Joe Ewen says, "get ready for the double portion."


Yes, and amen. Goodbye, old...hello, new!


Can't leave 2009 behind without sharing a few more images of Christmas at Our Cottage:




fragrance...great for all of the winter season! (a few slices of orange, some cinnamon sticks, some whole cloves, simmer in water. Done.)






Just a few of our cherished Christmas cards received...need more creative ideas on how to display them next year!





A gift that arrived, via post, from dear friends...







newly-weds and almost-weds, playing a board game Christmas Day...

The beginnings of our Christmas Eve snack table...(see the Red Velvet Cake? I was inordinately proud of it. From scratch, it was!)



The origins of said Red Velvet Cake...




Well. My Tennessee Volunteers have just begun their bowl game, so it is time for me to sign off. Thank you for coming along with me, on a very bumpy but very satisfying 2009 ride. I wish you good health, increased joy, some of what money can buy, and every sort of riches money cannot buy in your 2010.





Let's venture forth and make the very, very most of it, shall we?

2 comments:

lydia said...

Yes let's!!!!

Blessings to you sweet Sheila and upon your whole household!!! Grace upon grace upon grace.............!!

Sheila Atchley said...

Lydia my love, I RECEIVE it. Blessing upon blessing, grace upon grace be on you and your household, oh Dear One with the Adorable Dimples in her Cheeks! :-)