Blogs I've Discovered...

Oh, it is a beautiful world at my fingertips!

Time is of the essence for us all, so we all appreciate a good blog recommendation. There is a blog or two I've removed from my list, and stopped visiting in 2009 - I have not read a word in many months, and likely will never read again. (...and I know I'm not alone in that...I know you "get me", girlfriends...)

Why? Some blogs are boring. Some are intent on pushing an agenda that the writer herself - or himself - doesn't even thoroughly understand. Others try too hard to be profound or positive or inspiring, but instead come across as a little bit whacked or a whole lot insincere. Some are just plain depressing. Lots of talk about raindrops and quietude and wind or livestock and veiled stabs and breathing and deep thoughts and silence, when everyone knows a life lived in community is busy and funny and noisy and messy...and that fact is Genuinely Wonderful (as opposed to Simulated-ly Wonderful).

Ya'll know what I mean, don't you?

For every blog I have stopped reading, I have discovered at least two inspiring replacements. I have found some absolute treasures. I promise, you will find beauty and fun, authenticity and inspiration, without the not-so-hidden negative agenda.

Breath of fresh air, eh?

Enjoy!







holy experience











I'll stop here, because on these few blogs, you will find enough fun, thought provoking, grace-or-beauty-filled links to keep you busy for a cozy evening or two.

By the way, be sure to visit the blogs of Harvest Church folks. You'll find some gems! And if you have or know of a blog that celebrates grace, the Christ-life, truth, and beauty, be sure to share the link with me. Who knows - I may love it so much, it becomes part of my routine, too! (You know they say blogs have replaced the "morning paper". We all wake up with our cuppa coffee, and our precious few favorite blogs...)

My love to all of you...

6 comments:

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Oh, {hand on heart!} thank you so much for your kind words and putting my blog in your list (LOVE all of those sites). I'm honored, thank you!

Happy weekend,
Melissa

Sheila Atchley said...

Hi Melissa! Thank you for being so very gracious, and leaving a comment. I so enjoy your blog - keep up the beautiful work you are doing!

Chris Welch - 07000INTUNE said...

Sheila, when you've got time I'd value your opinion on Barbara Rogerson's life story.
It is very real and parallels so many who were pioneering a new way of doing church back in the 70s. But it goes right up to date too.
Certainly blessed me.Appears in reverse order.
http://ramblingsfromanenglishgarden.blogspot.com/search/label/My%20Story?max-results=23

Sheila Atchley said...

Chris, I did read Barbara's blog, and found it fascinating. I love that she included pictures, and found her transparency to be very brave and sweet. She was really "in on" a LOT of what God did in previous spiritual "moves", wasn't she?

Faith said...

Hi! I stumbled upon your blog a month or so ago and have been checking in every once in awhile. I really enjoy it since I'm drawn to being creative with my home and also since it gives me a glimpse of the future when life changes to a harvest season and I actually have time to be creative (right now I have three small children and one on the way). Anyway, I couldn't help but add my two cents when you asked for blog recommendations. www.pleasantviewschoolhouse.blogspot.com is one of my all-time favorite blogs that I have followed for a couple years. It's full of beautiful pictures of Anna's home and kitchen and many (often vintage-style) projects. I thought you might enjoy it. Blessings!

Faith

Sheila Atchley said...

Hi Faith ~

Thank you for your visit. I lovelove comments! :-) I will for sure visit the blog you recommend - you are very sweet to think of me and tell me about it! I truly enjoy a good interior design/inspirational blog. There are some rrrrreally good ones out there. (a bit intimidating for me, ha ha!)

Blessings...