Many writers of blogs I've begun to follow do not make New Year's resolutions, per se. They prayerfully choose an action word that will characterize their upcoming year - a word that will inspire, remind, and motivate them. One word.
Ann Voskamp's word is "Yes".
Interior designer Heather Bullard's word is "Celebrate".
Jane, over at the ever-delightful "Out of the Crayon Box"...her word is "trust".
My word for 2010...this is the first time I have done this...I must admit, it is so stinkin' fun...
...is create. Oh, such scope for the imagination, in that one perfect word!
–verb (used with object)
1. to cause to come into being, as something unique that would not naturally evolve or that is not made by ordinary processes.
2. to evolve from one's own thought or imagination, as a work of art or an invention.
3. Theater. to perform (a role) for the first time or in the first production of a play.
4. to make by investing with new rank or by designating; constitute; appoint.
5. to be the cause or occasion of; give rise to: The announcement created confusion.
6. to cause to happen; bring about; arrange, as by intention or design: to create a revolution; to create an opportunity to ask for a raise.
–verb (used without object)
7. to do something creative or constructive.
8. British. to make a fuss.
What will your word for this year be? Choose well...it isn't as easy as it seems!