13:13


"And now abideth faith, hope, and love...these three...but the greatest of these is love."

I finished my Poppy Series this evening...well, I am not quite finished. I want to have them framed. I think I want graphic-yet-vintage, unusual frames for these. Maybe stark white. I haven't decided. They'll be in the shop soon.

 It has always struck me, that I can accomplish what can seem to be such great things. I can "speak with the tongues of men and of angels"...I can be a great communicator. Or I can operate in a very real spiritual gift. But I can do that without love.

 I can build and create incredible things. And have no love.

I can be so very, very giving...give my body to be burned, in fact. And, in fact, have no love.

But I can't be patient without love. I am not kind without love. I can't believe all things, hope all things and endure all things (all in context of relationships)...without love.

 And without people to try my patience, without people to be kind to, without people to endure all things with and for...love is just an idea. We must be in faithful relationship to practice love.

 Love never fails.

1 Corinthians 13:13...I am considering designing a leather charm cuff...with a sterling silver chain, or set of three chains, twined together and anchored across the top of the cuff, and then those chains would have four charms...one that is stamped the numbers "13:13"...one that says "faith"...one that says "hope" and one charm that says "love"...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to thanks a ton for the work you've put in writing this web site. I am hoping the same high-grade webpage post from you in the upcoming also. The fact is your original writing abilities has inspired me to get my own site now. Actually the blogging is spreading its wings fast. Your write up is the best example of it.

Liz Overton said...

Love the paintings! So beautiful! If I had the extra money right now, I would say "don't even put them in your shop -- I'll buy them!" Maybe in the future. :)

Mrs. Kelley Dibble said...

Good evening from Manila, Philippines! Your daughter just introduced herself as my newest blog follower, and then I introduced myself to her blog as its newest follower!

In reading her beautifully presented blog, I figured I MUST come check out yours as well. Wow! I'm NOT disappointed. You gals have it in your blood: talented gifts from God. Keep up the good work!

Blessings,
Kelley of Kelley Highway... Your newest follower!