IN THREE DAYS...

...my granddaughter, Miss Aidyn Esther, will make her appearance!

...this is a picture of her, when she was but little bigger than a lima bean...

...and this Thursday, I will get to hold her in my arms.

Sarah and Jonathan will be checking into the hospital THIS Thursday, at precisely 3 PM.  If Miss Aidyn does not make her appearance before Thursday on her own, she's coming no matter what on Thursday afternoon.

Pictures are guaranteed.

Bliss, wonder, joy, and crazy-grandmotherly-love.  That is what I am feeling this week.  Heaven help me, I am good for nothing.  I seriously got nearly nothing done today.

I'll say it again:  whatever you got going on in your life...whatever you are "about"...I'm happy for you, I truly am.  But please understand me (and try not to misunderstand me) when I say - I am rich in most ways money can by (comparatively)...

...but I am rich in all ways money could never buy.

So yeah.  You can have your estate, you can enjoy being your high profile "bad self", you can have your thriving business or your Lexus or your sheep and oxen and various farm animals, your acreage and assets, you can enjoy your diamonds or furs or exotic vacations...

....give me this.  Just this.  Give me "sequel motherhood", give me grandchildren, give me the generations, give me little souls to care for, give me old souls to care about, give me newborn-in-Christ souls to rejoice over...give me the local church, give me friends, and give me my Preacher to have and to hold.  Give me one man who is completely crazy about me, and me about him.  You can't write a check big enough to buy that.

Those are the "things" I am about...and you are right...they aren't "things" at all.  You can't drive them or use them or flaunt them (well...you can flaunt your grandbabies) or wear them or display them or design them or deposit them in your account or show them at a 4-H competition or fence them in.

You can only love them.

The crazy thing is?  They love you back, sometimes.

God's favorite "things" aren't things...not even mountains or flowers or "nature" or Nubian goats or gardens are His favorite...

God loves people.  People are God's favorite.  Oh, may I be found valuing what He values!

6 comments:

Mrs. Kelley Dibble said...

Excited for you all!

MerMer said...

Aunt Mer Mer can not wait to see her! :)

Ursula said...

You are the richest of rich!!!!

I'm so very, very - VERY happy for you! If you got nothing done today...can you imagine what Thursday is going to be like?

Yep, Thursday sounds like a good day to become even MORE overcome by love than you think you can be!

Much love xx

Robin in New Jersey said...

So excited for you, Sheila!

You are storing up for your self "treasures in heaven." The best kind of treasures!

Sue said...

OH JUST WAIT -- one day God willing, you will be a great-grandmother! OH. MY. WORD. Heaven comes down and kisses your soul with pure bliss. It still boggles my mind that I have been blessed with such RICHES. Children who love God, grandchildren who bless my socks off and now, NOW - GREAT GRANDBABY #2!!! Maybe I will come down from the moon one of these days, but probably not for a while.

Beverly said...

So excited for you Sheila! And Sarah and Jonathan. You indeed are blessed! And I am happy for all of you!