A Work-filled, Lazy Saturday


Do the words "work-filled" and "lazy" seem like an oxymoron to you?




Then I invite you to explore the Christian faith further, or for the first time.




Because work is the Original Design for humans.

The Original Artist made man in His image (and P.S. "His image" is plural.  I would go deep with that, but it's a Saturday and I give you permission to not listen to my hermeneutical studies of Genesis chapter 1.  You're welcome.) and God loves the work of His hands.  Behold, it is very good, still yet.

God placed man in the precise habitat, perfect for his flourishing:  a garden.  God gave man a gift precisely suited for his flourishing:  work to do.

Work is our happy place, when we approach it with a renewed mind...which can involve listening to my hermeneutical studies of Genesis chapter 1, but I digress.

So here I am.  In front of a ginormous Mac screen ("Oh Mac, how I love thee...let me count the ways...") doing a different kind of creating.  I'm engaging a different side of my brain, and a different sort of artistry.  When I am done here, I will head to the studio and break out the paints and inks yet again.  These things, because they are so inherently creative, feel like a combination of really-really hard work and really-really intense play.

And I over-use the hyphen, and this is my confession.

Not going to lie:  later, I will have to fold laundry and clean floors.  Genesis 1 and hermeneutics notwithstanding, that's gonna feel like slave labor.

I'm not functioning in my full sainthood capacity yet.  Give me some time.


(just a fun, so-not-serious slice-of-life of my work-filled, lazy, hyphenated Saturday...)

No comments: