The Finer Things in Life

I have pretty much always had my own ideas of what constitutes wealth. My daughter Sarah has been to Cambodia twice, and will eventually be going again for a long-term commitment. Which, come to think of it, is one of my concepts of wealth. All four of my children, in this season, are on the same page with their parents in faith, philosophy, and family affection. They each one express their unity with us in diverse ways ~ ways their father and I wouldn't necessarily adopt as our own mode of expressing our love for God and each other. It is quite cool, actually.



I worshipped side by side with my oldest son this past Sunday, hands raised to the Lord of Glory. One daughter's ambition in life is to be an anchor and support for the local church, and she is an anointed worship leader. The other daughter's ambition is to take the gospel of grace to the nations. The youngest son thought nothing of joining me in a loud chorus of The Newsboys version of "In Christ Alone" yesterday, in the car. Our first week of school has been outstanding...fun....blessed. Tim and I are deeply in love with each other, still. That, gentle reader, is riches galore. A mission accomplished. Many goals achieved. I don't know what tomorrow holds, but Jesus said not to think about it anyway. Today, much of what I have dreamed of is already mine.



To be able to say that for a day in one's life, much less a season or perhaps a lifetime....well, "rich" doesn't come close to describing this lifestyle.



The currency of true riches often looks like this:



today's offerings from the garden

picked today...



hydrangeas, picked today...


son-in-law, and youngest son, today (son-in-law takes time to sow into the life of youngest son)



random schoolbooks...




world map - many destinations still undiscovered by an Atchley...we'll get to them eventually.





added a picture of the third newest couple today...


I'm wealthy in some ways money can buy. Compared to believers in Cambodia, I am fabulously rich. And I am wealthy in all ways money cannot buy. Health, joy, grace, Christ, family, green beans freshly picked, and the fellowship of like minded believers - it all adds up to riches untold.





























3 comments:

Rachel said...

do one of the undiscovered destinations include North Dakota?!?!?! ha!

Sheila Atchley said...

I know several of North Dakota's finest! Heck, I know a few of what or "who" have to be the finest people you could ever know, anywhere.

If any of those people invites me...I'd come. Just please invite me in the summertime. ACK!

I heard about Abe yesterday. Rachel, I am so sorry. Please tell David that Tim and I feel very, very deeply over his loss. If something happened to our puppy...

...well, it would be a devastating loss.

Thanks for leaving a comment. It is lovely...truly...to hear from you! We have a ton of cherry tomatoes - if you want any, just come on by! :-)

MrsWendy said...

I love this post! You ARE one of the richest ladies I know! There is NOTHING like the richness of the Lord's goodness, mercy and grace!