In Love With Antique Ticking

This has been the Summer of Many Projects. A time to create. The cottage is coming together - one finished project, however, begs for another to begin. My living room is next, I believe. The kitchen is nearly done, except for the knobs and drawer pulls. Dining room is finished. The adjacent wall and hallway finally got painted last week, with the most whisper-lovely shade of bluish-gray. Very French. Or Scandinavian. Or something.

Today, I found an antique ticking tablecloth. You must know...I need another tablecloth like I need a hole in my head, but this one called to me. This sort of thing is pricey in the antique shops. Easily a nice ticking antique-vintage tablecloth will set you back $50. That is on a good day. When I saw the price on this beauty, I think I got lightheaded. Extremely reasonable, but with just enough splurge-factor to make it special. That's all I'm sayin'.

It is made of a heavy weight blue and white ticking, complete with fabric slubs, and fading. It even smells old, much to my delight. (Though I am running it through the washing machine and dryer tonight to remedy this...)

It also has upholstery-weight cording at the hem. And it is round! I told you it was calling my name. I could not have dreamed or designed a more perfect thing for my home.



Heavy-weight cording, all around...




falls beautifully, almost to the floor...


Think I'll try layering it with another piece...


Oh....sigh! Love!

The whisper-blue of the hallway only shows up well on the camera against the red of my $6.99 second hand shop Kate Spade purse.

::Big Barney Fife sniff::

Hey...it is only indecent to talk about price when you over pay! I strut my deals. I parade my treasures, because each one has a story of conquest and a pennies-on-the-dollar price.


Blessings to each of you, friends...

3 comments:

MrsWendy said...

Oh. How. BEAUTIFUL!!! Love the new tablecloth and the overlay on top of it and the new blueish colored walls! It all sings 'peace'. Love it, love it, love it!

Kelly said...

Wow, I won't know that I am at the Atchley's the next time I come over, it will all be different. I love what you have done so far. So beautiful, so elegant yet a simplicity to it as well. Love you.

Javamom said...

so soft and lovely, SheilaMae. I have a weakness for linen and ticking dishtowels, so I am squealing with you :-).