Summer Flavors and Fragrances


A pile of these were shucked today...


Then grilled...


...and became this...


Fry up lots of this...




Add diced red potatoes, red onion, celery, milk and cream...grilled corn chowder! The fresher the corn, the better and sweeter this dish. YUM!




Serve with home made bread.





I'm typing away with my laptop, sitting propped up on pillows in my bed. These sheets and pillowcases were put back on my bed, fresh from the clothes line, just a couple of hours ago. I promise you, I can smell sunshine. The fragrance is unbelieveable.



Have a blessed weekend, friends! Enjoy summer's fleeting delights.






4 comments:

Kelly said...

I got hungry just reading your blog :) especially the home made bread, I dreamed the other night that someone was selling a loaf of home made bread but they wanted $12 for it and I just couldn't afford it as much as I wanted it..lol, wow! talk about food dreams. Thanks for your cheery post, they make a difference.

Jess said...

I was lurking and found your blog. Oh my that chowder looks amazing. YUM!!!!

Sheila Atchley said...

Kelly, there is no hungry like a "pregnant hungry". You are so funny!!

Sheila Atchley said...

Hi Jess!

Oh my - it was amazing. That was the first time I'd tried it, and we loved it. Extra tip: I discovered it also freezes and reheats really well!

Thank you for taking the time to comment. That means a lot to me.