A Day of Simple Pleasures, Indeed

Today is our son-in-law's birthday...


Carrot cupcakes with cream cheese icing...


...on a great, big platter.


Found him the perfect card...


...and a nice, wooden artist's box.


When the laundry was tossed onto the guest bed, earlier today, I noticed how all the colors pleased me. All the textures were beautiful to my eye. Sounds silly, but I thought to myself, "We all purchase tea towels and wash cloths and towels and sheets and pillowcases. Why not buy these things in all the colors that make us happy?"

That way, there is beauty, even in an unfolded pile of linens. (Pillow added, since it was already on the guest bed, and looked adorable. Guess you can say I "styled" this picture!)

1 comment:

Javamom said...

Agreed. Laundry can be beautiful! Love these simple pleasures. And I just bet those cupcakes tasted great.