Girls' Day Out


(left to right: Christina, me, and Lisa...picture taken this morning!)

I don't remember exactly what was being said when this picture was taken, but I can promise you...it was funny. Harvest women make me laugh so, so much.

If estrogen is your thing...if decadent French toast is your thing...or virgin Mimosas...or rich quiche or various fruits or girl talk or lots of laughter or cute babies or scratching the creative itch...if ANY of that is your thing, then Harvest is your church and we are your women.

I drove home today, feeling very poignant. I reflected on the whole morning (well into the afternoon) spent with lotsa girlfriends, of all ages - my own mother included. It had been so long, between grandson being born, our son's basketball, our other Marine son and his various weekend leaves home....between all that, and sickness, and other family celebrations, it felt like a mighty long time since I'd hung out with all the girls.

As I made my way home, I reflected on the fact - the pure fact - that most women don't have what I have. Many women long for a group of girlfriends with whom they can let their hair down, be real, laugh or cry till it hurts, or just sit and smile and knit.

(I tend to be a stoic...so I am the "smile and knit" type...with the occasional very loud laugh.)

Some women only experience this sort of female support system on television or in the movies - they think it can't exist in real life.

I'm the first to tell you that my gender can be mean, petty, petulant, competitive, dramatic, and bitter. But a safe community of women exists, I know because I am part of one. These women are W.E.L.L. (Women Equipped to Love and Lead) and their WELLness will bless and comfort and deeply impact your life and your day.

My home-girls. I love them. They are SO worth all the stickin' and the stayin' and the buildin' and the plantin'.

2 comments:

MrsWendy said...

AMEN!! : ) It was a grand day indeed!!

Summer said...

Hello Sheila !! It's been a while since I've been able to sign onto my own blog and write .... I am so very good busy with plans for my new shoppe .....Set to open Saturday June 25th @ 10:00 am
.... (Now I know I will not be on a vacation this summer ).... This is all sooo sooo exciting and surreal for me, but I do need PRAYER .... Please pray for the LORD to protect me from satans schemes and that any of the plans he has to tell me this won't happen or this was not such a good idea will be thwarted immedietly
.... I did have prayer at our church yesterday and believe me I can discern how it is helping me but I need more ..... The solid foundation of our faith is truly miraculous ....Tennessee must be hot because I see all those beautiful tomatoes you grew as ours in up here in the northeast are still green .....You also look as though you had some wonderful fellowship with your sisters in CHRIST.....Please do enjoy your day and thanks ....I will try to send you pics when this is all completed ....I am no internet genius but I will try to get someone else who is !!