I Want




I want...what do I want? It is important to know.


I want to dwell in possibility.


I want to inspire you. ("others" is too generic and remote for me. I want to inspire you.)


I want to be inspired.


I want to be able to use a Tan Towel without streaking myself.


I want to behold the beauty of the Lord and to inquire every single day in His temple.


I want to live in the reality of Christ in me, Christ as me.


And Oh. Mah. Weeeerd. I want a zoom lens.


I want to worry less and take joy more.


I want to let go of what is out of my control anyway. And that would be almost everything in life besides what I wear tomorrow.


I want to cling tightly to grace.


I want a different car. Didn't used to. Now I do. Now that my Preacher has his new truck, I'm smitten with the ardent desire to drive something decent. And for me, that would still be something older, but older on purpose...older for a reason...older by choice. Hmmmm. Kind of like me. I'm so stinking proud that I am finally a grandmother, and it is my choice to embrace it.


The very idea of a "hot car", with any woman over 40 at the wheel, just makes me smirk. My son's young girlfriend drives a Mustang, for crying out loud, and she looks adorable behind the wheel, and that car is perfect for her. She gains major cool-points for driving it. Me? I'm forty plus. I'd lose major cool points, by trying too hard. I can't do the "I-drive-this-because-I-can-and-I-need-for-you-to-think-I'm-still-hot" car. I'd rather eat dirt and die. But pay no attention to me. I don't know anything.


I heart the older Volvo station wagons!


Hear me out. Someday I'll find me one, all boxy-looking and in perfect shape, white or black, and she shall become mine. It's an "intellectual-but-cool-and-good-looking-in-an-elegant-40-something-way"chick thing. I love the idea that I drive the car I inherited from my grandmother. That's the vibe I'm going for. I'm weird like that. I do all my own psychoanalyzation, because to be analyzed by others gets tedious and boring. And the results are nearly always inaccurate.




It goes all the way back to the TV show "Judging Amy". Plus, I would still need the sort of vehicle that I can toss all my antique store finds in. Something besides a green mini van. Amen.



I want to be more like Jesus. And I know...after that rant about middle aged women and their image cars, you don't believe me. But I do. I really do.


I want to be a Barnabus Friend, a Paul Mentor of young Timothys, and to be Jesus' John the Beloved. To lay my head upon His breast.


I want dark chocolate.


I want to see even more souls saved.


I want to be out of debt, and for the Vols to win the SEC championship - both things this year, by some miracle, pleaseGod.


I want more of God's glory on full display in my life, and I want to laugh with a best girlfriend until my eyes pop out of my skull and my very life passes before my eyes, which will make me laugh even harder.


I want to grow old with my peeps - all my family, grandchildren present and grandchildren to be. All of Harvest Church present, all of Harvest Church to be. My vision encompasses the years and the generations like that.


I want crab legs. Right now.


I want Sarah Palin to be Chris Christie's Vice President.


I want either Peyton Manning or Tim Tebow to play for a Superbowl ring this year.


I want to shut up now, because you want me to shut up now.









No comments: