Jeanne Oliver Designs




I am a huge fan of all things hand made. I have a strong desire, in this season of my life, to support home based designers and writers and artists.



So. I must tell you. I am so in love with Jeanne Oliver and her clothing and bag designs. I never thought I'd see my way clear to buy one of her tops (too short for me to wear as a dress)...until she ran a very brief (I think it was a one or two day only) deep discount awhile back.



Really big discount. Big enough for me to bite the bullet and order.


(this photo from Jeanne Oliver Designs)


I so love this little top. It is my favorite thing in my wardrobe right now, and I predict it will remain my favorite throughout the fall season. I've already worn it a couple of times, and it is one of those pieces that strangers will ask you where you bought it. (That has happened to me once, so far - but, as I said, I've only worn this top a couple of times).



Jeanne also does exquisite packaging. My dress/top arrived wrapped in a sheath of grey tissue paper, tied with a strip of torn-fabric string. The top comes with a pin...a cluster of grey linen flowers. But Jeanne included an extra ivory colored fabric flower, tucked in a tiny burlap draw string bag. All hand-made.







She also tucked in some of her photography. I was hugely blessed by the message...for me, in this season of my life, a prophetic whisper from heaven ~








This message both speaks to my life in recent years - letting go of legalism and any person, place, or thing that weighed my spirit down...and it speaks to my "now" - letting go of all that is out of my jurisdiction.






Oh, the letting go is the hardest thing. It is a free-fall into the grace-through-faith by which I'm saved.







Anyhoo. There was also a torn page from an antique French dictionary, all kinds of beautiful ephemera (which I heart, so so much) and a note from Jeanne herself...






Look at the loveliness ~



Her fall designs come out next week...and if she runs another "special", I doubt any force will be powerful enough to keep me from just one more Jeanne Oliver Design.

1 comment:

Summer said...

vERY VeRY PReTty SHEiLA !!!! yOU WILL LOOK WONDERFUL IN THIS TOP .... i may ORDER ONE OF THOSE RINGS OR LEATHER CUFFS ... MYSELF .... hAVE A very nice day !!!