Small Is The New Big

(I took this via Instagram, about a month ago...a sweet church out in the country, here in East TN)

I love small churches, when they love big.  Like my church does.

I love small church buildings, when they hint of history and good, simple, sturdy architecture.  So much more beautiful than these huge monoliths I call "airport churches"...you know...when signs hang from the ceilings directing you down which wing is what terminal...I mean destination...I mean classroom or bathroom you need.  As though you should never absolutely have to ask a person.

I got such great news this week!  In fact, the news is so good, I dare not share it until all details are properly tended.  But can I just hint?

Over.  The.  Dang.  Top.

I hope to be able to share soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE those 'little' churches that are so BIG in God's plan ~ my FAVORITES ~ DO.NOT. make me go to one of the 'mega's'---pleeeeeeeeeeeze.

And 'Little Brown Church in the Vale' is a lifetime favorite... reminds me of my childhood churches... 'no spot is so dear to my childhood, as the little brown church in the vale...'

and I am EX.CI.TED. about 'whatever is upcoming'!!!

Sheila Atchley said...

Me, neither. Give me a mini-mega church any day! ;-)