A "Gahw-geous" Day in East Tennessee

...today is...there are no words. Mid-seventies, sunshine, breezes, beyond gorgeous. So I am making this:


Here is my recipe, (very loosely stated) from my blog post in 2010 entitled "Summer Flavors and Fragrances"...


 Hope you can find time to make it. It is a little time consuming, but so very worth it.


 Looking back over the "Summer Flavors and Fragrances" post, I miss my clothesline. ::sniff::


 Ever since the Great Storm of April 2011 (when we were without power for a couple of days, and our house ended up packed with something like six guests, besides immediate family, which is a lot all by itself - after the storm blew through and took out power, so it's not like anyone came over seeking light and air conditioning - and people were playing board games by candlelight and a Korean man was playing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" on our piano, surrounded by tealight candles, and I was reading my Kindle with a Brookstone headlamp on my head)


...yeah... I haven't had a clothesline since then...


 What was I posting about? I forgot.

3 comments:

Linda Bentzen said...

without electricity didn't you need a clothesline more?

Sheila Atchley said...

Ha!

I was not being clear...that storm not only knocked out the power, it took out two medium sized trees in our yard - one of them was the one to which one end of my clothes line was attached to.

We've just not been able to find another "stretch of ground" with something at both ends to attach to, yet. We could *set* a post...but now that spot is a vegetable garden (now that it gets full sun!) and I don't want to set a post in the middle of it.

If I give it more thought, and get Tim to set a post somewhere, my clothesline can go back up. I miss it, so much!!

Thanks for stopping by, Linda! Let's "chat" again, soon! :-)

Robin in New Jersey said...

I *love* my clothesline. :)
I couldn't imagine being without it, so I understand. :)