A Little Instagram Love on My Birthday

I plan to assault you with random, unrelated Instagram shots today. I can hear what you are thinking, "Whaddya think this is? Your birthday?"





As a matter of fact...




It sure is. And look what the Lord has given me, already!




...and this...




Love that "Kelvin" effect on Instagram. It's my favorite.




I am literally sipping this, right now, hand delivered by my Pastor. He's caring like that.




Today is also my son-in-love's biggest art show of the year. There was a beautiful write up on him in the paper this week, as he is also FEATURED ARTIST in said large art show. That is an original Jonathan Howe hanging there. With my harvest wheat. And a wooden apple. And candle. And art calendar that features an artist quote and painting every day of the year. And if you've ever hurt me, real bad, you will never be able to have a J. Howe original. We're clannish like that.

Have regrets. Have deep regrets.

Actually, if you just say sorry, he'll paint one for you, too. Far be it from us to hold a grudge. We're friendly like that.




My living room walls are no longer harvest gold! They are the faintest whisper of fog/gray/blue/misty morning. I heart them. And the giant clock. And that houndstooth patterned mustard yellow throw covering my feet in the corner of this shot...



My bed, as it looks most mornings. I know, right? This keeps on getting more riveting with every wanton picture posted.





Slice of life, friends....slice of life. Why is this on my Instagram camera roll? Not entirely sure. I was probably artfully finding the beauty tucked away in the every day, and finding One Thousand Ways to give thanks.

(gratitude to Ann Voskamp for all the stupid pictures I have instagrammed all in the name of #onethousandgifts. Ann, you are my thousand-and-oneth gift. Can't wait for your DVD study!)




Speaking of gifts and gratitude...




He's already a Bible Thumper, just like his Pop Pop.




This was the little grin she saved just for Mimi, late last night. Babysitting this one is a joy...and a challenge...she literally will not let me out of her sight.




Enough about me...





What do you think about my hair?????


I love my birthday. My whole family spoils me rotten, and I am ready to head full tilt into all the festivities, which, from what I can smell, are about to include breakfast in bed.  (Post edit:  The Preacher was actually just making coffee...he took me out to breakfast, instead.  I had a breakfast panini with asiago cheese and egg and bacon.  And more coffee.  Amen.)

My pastor serves me well.

2 comments:

kimberly said...

Haha! My birthday is 17 days after yours, a mere six days away! Happy belated from one birthday lover to another! I tend to consider it "birthday month" and enjoy every moment of it!
x

Sheila Atchley said...

Someone else besides me celebrates a "birthmonth"...

...lovely. YOU are lovely.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I am blessed!