The Nest Is Emptying...

This is one of the portraits we hung in the church foyer, as part of the wedding decor...Sarah, Jonathan, and Amber Marie, our "granddog".


This is a little of what we had to get done today. ::sniff:: Such an empty room. We finished moving Sarah's things to her new house for her. Have I cried yet? Oh. Yes.


...thus, Retail Therapy was in order. Here is what I found this afternoon at Tuesday Morning. Since I was feeling tired and a bit sad, I bought them both. They are happy in my kitchen, next to the coffee maker.

People, I am in serious renesting mode. Heaven help my husband, may God have mercy on his soul.

Be forewarned, gentle reader. Lots of posts to follow on topics such as "what color to repaint the kitchen and dining room", the gospel, My Brand New Life With Only One Kid Left At Home, gospel, my very first yoga classes (yet to be taken - stay tuned), gospel, the search for the perfect new armchair for the livingroom OR sewing my first slipcover (whichever option moves me when the time comes), the gospel, expanding the garden, raising blueberries and seventeen year old boys, the gospel, recipes, decorating ideas...

...and did I say the gospel of grace? I can't seem to ever stop talking about it. Your inheritance is way better than you know.

Stay tuned. I love you for visiting me here on my blog!

2 comments:

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

Your daughter was a beautiful bride. I know it's a bittersweet moment for you. Another season in life. I dread my time. Sounds like you have a coping plan though!;) Hugs and prayers!

Sheila Atchley said...

Thank you, Tammy! Oh...it was *so* bittersweet. One thing no one prepared me for, was the idea that the empty nest brings on an actual "grieving process" - you go through every one of the identifiable phases! (That is, when the relationships were good and right. A mother naturally WILL grieve the process of the empty home.) I never knew that, never expected that. Had I known what to expect, I could have been better prepared, I think.

So...expect to grieve - in a very real, but much more temporary way, than a death, obviously. And let the whole process happen.

THanks for the comment...and the prayers. That blesses me to tears...wow.