It's Gonna Be A Christmas To Remember!










...because friends, we will be having ourselves a grandson, no matter what, on December 14th!

If Hannah and Justin do not go into labor before this Tuesday, she'll be induced at 6:30 in the morning, December 14th, with Timothy Paul to make his appearance however many hours after that.

Guess who else is having her baby, via C-section, on December 14th?

My dear friend, and member of our church (visit her over at Hope Springs), Wendy Cantrell! Two babies born into our church family, very, very likely on the same day. If the fruit of the womb is a reward, Harvest Church has been doing something really right. (We are expecting five total!)

God has crowned my year with His utter goodness. He has given me my heart's desire, and has not withheld the request of my lips. He has given me a grandson for Christmas. He has given me yet another son by marriage (Jonathan, the arteest) this year. He has returned our wanna-be prodigals to heart, hearth, and home. My oldest son is thriving as a Marine-recruit. He is near the top of his squad. The other recruits in his squad of 80, ask him for prayer, and bring him their spiritual questions. He even has earned a nickname there...

..."Chappie". Short for "Chaplain".

It is nothing but grace. You. Just. Cannot. Know.

And my youngest is slowly making a name for himself, playing basketball. He will graduate from our home school this year - the very last one. God, by grace alone, has given me the gift of finishing well. I am living a dream I do not deserve. I have not earned it.

On the way home from a brief shopping foray, again, all alone in my car, I heard the old Christmas song by Amy Grant, "It's Gonna Be a Christmas To Remember."

Do you fight back the happiest tears of your life, or do you let them go?

Yeah...you let them go.

6 comments:

Donna-Jean Breckenridge said...

So, so happy for you, it's a delight to read of your joy and God's great goodness!

MrsWendy said...

::fighting tears here:: Yes, God has been SO GOOD! He is ever so faithful and His Grace....oh His Grace truly is so amazing!! This is a Christmas that we all will remember for sure! Love you..up to the moon, my dear friend!

Covnitkepr1 said...

I’ve been following and enjoying your blog for a while now (Sept)and would like to invite you to visit and perhaps follow me back. Sorry I took so long for another invitation. I don't think you had a follow wedgit up back then. I signed on today.

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited to hear how it goes on Tuesday! Will be praying for your daughter and precious new arrival :-) What a wonderful Christmas present!

Faith said...

I'm so excited to hear how it goes on Tuesday! Will be praying for your daughter and precious new arrival :-) What a wonderful Christmas present!

Sheila Atchley said...

Thank you, DJ, Wendy, and Faith!

Today is the last day I will spend "not a grandmother". Beginning tomorrow, I take on a whole new role.

Whew.

Bring it! :-)