Was I Dreaming?

Was I dreaming yesterday afternoon...


...or did I really sit in a peaceful livingroom, just me by myself, rocking my grandson, on a White Christmas Day, watching snow fall, listening to Bing Crosby's "Adeste Fideles"?



...did I really wake up to this?




...and then this?


(little Timothy's "My First Christmas" hat and pj's, from yours truly...)


...did I actually hear that my oldest son has been promoted to Squad Leader?


...did my Main Squeeze really get me the one present I specifically asked for?

(A Fisher-Price Nativity Set) all my "babies" will play with this, every Christmas, at Mimi's house, forever and ever, Amen.


...and a necklace, with my grandson's birthstone, the back engraved with these words: "To The Most Beautiful Grandmother Ever"...was that me, or was I dreaming?


Did I really, really receive a big Jonathan Howe Original? Not a print...an original? Not a "little one"...a big one? Someone pinch me.







And did I really get all those emails and phone calls from friends, just to wish us "Merry Christmas"?
How many times on this blog have I said it? I am living a dream I do not deserve. After weathering the worst, vindication comes in the form of receiving His Best. He giveth more grace.

When the LORD brought back the captivity of Zion, We were like those who dream. Then our mouth was filled with laughter, And our tongue with singing. Then they said among the nations, "The LORD has done great things for them."

The LORD has done great things for us, And we are glad.
(Psalm 126)

6 comments:

MrsWendy said...

Oh wow! How completely precious! What a God-kissed Christmas! Thank You Lord!! Love you dearly, my friend!

Summer said...

HELLO AND MERRY CHRISTMAS.... MY NAME IS SUMMER AND WHILE BROWSING THROUGH THE BLOGS THIS EVENING ( DURING A MAJOR EAST COAST SNOW STORM ) I HAPPENED TO FIND YOURS ...... LOVELY AS I WOULD SAY ...... MAY THE LORD GOD CONTINUE TO PROTECT AND BLESS YOU THIS UPCOMING YEAR ...... YOUR GRANDCHILD IS BEAUTIFUL .....I WILL VISIT AGAIN .....SLEEP WELL NICE TO MEET YOU !!

Linda said...

the inside of your wreath makes the shape of a heart~

Kelly said...

What a wonderful Christmas!! Truly a special Christmas that you will never forget! Pictures to savor forever and ever...and I really like the fisher price nativity set, how neat!

Sheila Atchley said...

Thanks, Wendy and Kelly! Kelly, I think those sets are on sale at the Christian bookstore right now...(Cedar Springs).

Summer and Linda - thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I am always so tickled to meet new friends!

Linda, I never realized that...your comment made me go back and look at the picture, and sure enough...WOW. This might sound silly, but seeing that for the first time was such a gift! Thank you! May the Lord continue to bless your "vision" to see the beauty that most people miss...

Javamom said...

Happy New Year, my friend! What a precious gift God has granted to you this past year. May he pour out even more in the coming year!

With Love,

Kim