Kitchen Reveal: She's Done, But Still Needs "Jewelry"

The kitchen repair and redecorating is done...all but for the "jewelry". Jewelry is the last thing I put on, when I dress. And so - cabinet knobs and pulls are the "jewelry" of the kitchen...I put them on last. As in fashion, same with kitchen design: my favorite jewelry is the most expensive.

Therefore, to be completely honest, I have no idea when I will purchase the drawer pulls and cabinet knobs I want. We did this whole kitchen repair and redecorating for under $300...there is no more money allocated to the kitchen for now. It will have to wait. The kitchen jewelry I want will actually run me well over $100! So please excuse the knob-less cabinets, and the drawers with the old "twig" style pulls...other than that, my kitchen is "dressed" and ready for a few more years of breakfasts, lunches, dinners and parties.

Here is the kitchen "before" (picture from last Christmas) ~



And "After"~



The long view, from the hallway~



Fun details~

My glassware, more fun details on top of the cabinets~
One of the corner shelves~

The kitchen window (took some of these pictures late last night - not a good idea, probably...)~



Looking backwards, into the dining room (since I don't style my photos,you can see my sister's pocket parrot on a barstool. ::smile:: We're bird-sitting Pierce Brosnan (his name!) while my sister is at the beach with her family...)~


The kitchen's new accent color is torquise blue for the spring and summer, and I'll go to chocolate brown accents in fall and winter~



That hallway wall you see in the background will soon be painted in some Swedish/French inspired color - a dove grey, or a very pale shade of blue-green. The color palette of the entire house will be changed from autumn colors, to a very quiet white/cream/grey palette...colors that whisper.

Since taking art classes last summer, I have fallen in love with the idea of a "white canvas"...it is peaceful, and full of possibility. Any color in the whole world can be added, and it will never clash. I want the entire background of my home to be like that white canvas...fresh and clean and bright.

Thanks for coming by!

5 comments:

Javamom said...

It is lovely! You are correct that the turquoise is fresh. I look forward to the final touches! :-)

And here I was thinking I might paint my LR ceiling beige orsome other warm tone. May need to rethink that.

MrsWendy said...

Love it Sheila!! So lovely! I love the blue accents. It's funny....recently I was given a beautiful Paula Deen robin's egg blue & soft cream colored stoneware bundt cake pan and loved the colors so much that I have been inspired to do those two colors in my kitchen/great room/dinning room for Spring & Summer and return to the Red, Gold & Green for Autumn & Winter. The blue is very much like your blue mugs hanging in your new kitchen! That blue IS such a pretty color! Bravo! on another masterpiece my friend!! Bravo!!

Sheila Atchley said...

Kim, I am thinking of doing the same thing! If you painted your walls something lighter and neutral, and your ceiling something warmer, I think it would be really pretty!

Sheila Atchley said...

Thanks, WendyDearest! Oooooh, I *love* that "Paula Deen blue". I have not seen the bundt pan, but I think she has cookware that color? Am I right?

Well, you know you can come on by and see the finished room any ol' time. You were here to see part of the "torn up" stage, so come see the "back together" portion of the project. :-)

Hope Noah gets to feeling better!

Liz Overton said...

It looks beautiful! I love the track lighting. That must make a huge difference!