Ordinary Evening At The End of June


Our daughter Hannah, dressed up after going out on a date with her hubby - beads, baby bump and all, mowing her daddy's yard - just cuz she wanted to.


Fresh from our garden, these will become...



This.



And this will become...



That.




Shhhhh...listen. Through the open window, you can hear the cicadas and crickets, singing softly and rhythmically, singing you into deep, meditative relaxation.


Were you a guest in my home, I'd make sure you had an extra blanket, a pitcher of water and a glass in your room, and after we had pie and (decaf) coffee together, Tim, Justin, Hannah and I would bid you a goodnight.


Be sure to crack your window, so you can hear the pond waterfall.


"Goodnight..."




2 comments:

Kelly said...

OMG that food looked heavenly..I think about food a lot these days..lol, mainly because I stay hungry, make good choices I must repeat to myself. Luckily I have been craving salads so its not been to bad. Thanks for the relaxing visit to your home. May you have sweet rest tonight. Love you.

Sheila Atchley said...

Thanks, Kelly! Heh, heh...yes, "make good choices, make good choices, makegoodchoicesmakegoodchoices."

You will. You rocked the last pregnancy with Hannah Grace, and you will rock this one too, my friend!!