Baby, It's Hot Outside!

We missed setting an all-time heat record in my city today by one little degree...and I remain convinced that we shattered the record here at my house. My tomatoes love this heat, but not I.

Playing with the camera, shooting what is blooming 'round the garden this week:


dahlia...


...and more dahlia...


verbena and lantana...



broken chimnea, used as a planter...


mophead hydrangea...

...and so much more, really. Cottages must have cottage gardens, see. Mine is just beginning to look maybe like a cottage garden. But I'll save those pictures for another post for another day.

I received two of the most precious gifts this past week - and neither giver consulted the other! Take a peek~


I am totally into wearing cute summer skirts, tee-shirts, my Oka B flip flops, and aprons. This one was from my daughter Sarah.



And this one, from a dearest, says it all.

God is in His heaven, saints, and that means all's right with the world.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh my it is really hot! I love the pics and really love your apron...how sweet it is! Only 6 more months till you get to meet that precious grandchild :)

Sheila Atchley said...

I cannot WAITTTTTTT! Thanks for dropping by, Kelly. "Gee, I haven't seen you or talked to you in soooo long." (not! ACK!...and I am sure I will see you soon...)

Love you. Ahem. I love *each* of you and ALL of you...I love...oh, nevermind. Just take care of yourself, ya hear? :-)

MrsWendy said...

Love the pics from your garden dearest! So pretty!! And I love your aprons!! :-)