Jonathan's Downtown Art Show...and Art In My Living Room

Our son-in-love has an art show downtown this evening, so Tim and I thought it'd be a wonderful night for a stroll on the streets of Knoxville.

Jonathan makes his living full time with his art. If he were not my son by marriage, I would still tell you that his work is better than most. I am quite familiar with many, if not most of the Smoky Mountain based artists, and Jonathan's landscapes excel most of those artists' paintings. And his portraits practically breathe and speak to you. (If you have ever considered having a commissioned portrait done of someone you dearly love, Jonathan is your artist.)

Having an inside view, as I do, of the life of a full time artist, they pour their hearts and souls into the work of their hands, and they have rent to pay and they get an electricity bill each month. Their art pays the bills. I want to enthusiastically encourage you to become a patron of a Christian artist...and why not Jonathan Howe?



This is after the crowd thinned a bit...for awhile, you could not walk easily through this shop...




Jonathan had several portraits of musicians on display. The top painting, up there, is actually of my son Josiah, playing at one of his local gigs last year.




Josiah, and his beloved acoustic - it used to be his pastor-father's.





This portrait is of my daughter...Jonathan's wife Sarah.





The name of Sarah's portrait...






A grouping of Jonathan's landscapes...


Jonathan and Sarah, who are still at the show, even as I type this...





It was a fun evening for Tim and I. We are proud of both our sons in law - both highly accomplished young men, who would lay their lives down for our daughters.



Last, but far from least - you will not believe what was brought to my house today, and hung in my very own living room:




Oh yeah. A Jonathan Howe original oil painting. Huge. Sofa-sized. Look at that moody sky, and those colors! I know this exact spot, too...I recognized it instantly. My beloved Smokies, from the vantage point of an overlook on Rich Mountain road, in Cades Cove.



Happy Mother's Day to me, for so many, many reasons...I'm blessed. Living a dream I have not earned and do not deserve.



Abundant grace is mine.

2 comments:

MrsWendy said...

Thou shalt not covet my dear friend's new painting! Oh. MY. GOODNESS! The painting is beautiful! What a gift! I love all of Jonathan's painting. Each is a true masterpiece.

Happy Mother's Day!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY/ FIRST *GRAND*Mother's Day, dear'st Sheilamae! And, joining Wendy in the Thou Shalt Not Covet Line while we *truly* admire your new painting. I, too, have not seen one of Jonathan's paintings that I have not thought it masterfully done. Best part: he knows 'from Whom' his gift is given and paints for the glory of God. It is a *given* that he *will* be blessed, isn't it. Thank you for taking us to the Art Show with you! LOVE 'vicarious visits' ! {{{love you always}}} ~me, on the other side of those Great Smokies! :o)))