Already Thinking Ahead - Handmade Gifts

In the odd spare moment, I am already working on my handmade gifts, so I'll have a small stash of pretty things come this fall.



Working on some felt baby blocks for a baby shower this weekend. These are for a boy baby. I made some girly ones for Gabbi Grace's baby shower last year, and Mommy Megan says they are Gabbi's favorite toy right now...

The pumpkin-spice colored yarn is another project I'm working on...when I am done, this will be a winter headband, with its own crocheted flower, and will keep the ears of a special friend warm and cozy.

I've already finished something really cute - made out of this pink chunky yarn...


And you won't believe what I made Tim for Father's Day! Look at this:



::giggle, choke::

Not really. I ran across this picture somewhere in blog land, and saved it. I could not resist punking you with it.

Seriously, if you ever catch me crocheting a pair of men's shorts, shoot me on sight.

10 comments:

MrsWendy said...

ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Summer said...

oh my .....can you crochet me up a pair for my hubby .....i will give them to hime for fathers day !! make mine camo

Unknown said...

HAHA!! The minute I saw those pants, my mind said, "Nu-uh!!" :)
You're a nut - a creative one, to be sure, but a nut nonetheless.

Simply Natural Home said...

Oh my gosh!!! What a crack up! Love the baby block idea.

Anonymous said...

BWAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA...*BUSTED* out laughing at those knitted shorts, and laughed even louder, imagining Your Timothy consenting to wear 'such a thing'. PITY the MAN whose wife /mother/girlfriend/daughter/
whom.EV.er makes those for him and he is 'such a man as would HAVE to wear them' or be cast aside forever? I DON'T blame the guy for only wanting his backside to be photographed, as it makes I.D.ing him Basically Impossible. And those colors. NOT what My Man would wear to 'style and profile'. Thanks for the belly laugh!

Knit and Purl Mama said...

Those crochet pants made me spit out my morning tea. Too funny!

Those baby blocks are a neat idea!

Kelly said...

I love the baby blocks! They are the cutest thing! and yes thanks for another laugh out loud! Wow, yeah I knew at first glance that those weren't really Tim's, just can't see him going along with that ...at all! LOL

Emily said...

Those shorts are hysterical! Thanks for the laugh... I'm almost tempted to make a pair as a gag gift (I have a few recipiants in mind...) domesticdeadline.blogspot.com

Jonathan Trentham said...

I found this online, and thought back to this blog post.

http://ctrlalttabby.deviantart.com/art/Settlers-of-Catan-Pillow-208832604

I think Tim would enjoy something like this much more than those ridiculous shorts!

-jono

Anonymous said...

The knitted shorts is full of fun :-)
you are really an active grandma, I like your works.

send gift to pakistan from USA