Beautiful, Feminine DSLR Camera Bag - Hand Made!

I wish I had some bright sun today, for photographing "The Big Reveal"...

I commissioned Hannah to make me a DSLR camera bag. First, I showed her a picture of my "inspiration bag", and then told her the things I wanted for my bag that this bag doesn't have.

Here is a photo of the inspiration bag (not Hannah's bag - the bag I used as inspiration, to give her an idea of what I wanted):
This is the Ellison bag, by Jeanne Oliver Designs. Beautiful, beautiful camera bag, designed by a beautiful lady. Please do check out all her designs - her aesthetic is well curated. She sells mixed media art, jewelry, her own clothing line, and her own line of bags. I love everything she sells in her online shop!

I wanted a camera bag that doesn't look at all like a camera bag. I didn't want something ugly. I definitely didn't want something that screams, "There must be a decent camera inside, so steal me!"

Here is a shot of the inside of the bag Hannah made for me:


Mustard yellow graphic design, well padded pockets. There is room in here for my textbook (or my little Gateway netbook) my camera, an extra lens, all batteries and cords, and someday a boot flash. I can even slip a wallet in this bag, and carry it as a purse/camera bag.


I wanted more than one ruffle...but I think the slate gray color keeps it from looking too frou frou...
The rosette is detachable, and there are two pockets on either side! I keep my phone in one, and sunglasses/reading glasses in the other. (Or keys in one, phone in the other...)

I told Hannah, in detail, what I wanted. I showed her the inspiration bag. I chose the colorway and bought the fabrics. She totally took it from there. She nailed it, spot on! I am in love with this bag. I wish you could feel it...the padding, the sturdy, yet cushy cross-body strap, the way the bag balances out when it is fully packed...

Hannah is going to do a product launch of this bag in her online shop soon! She will be offering for sale either the bag, custom made just for you, or the pattern that she has developed for it. I don't know what the name of the bag will be yet, but I cannot begin to tell you how cute and perfect it is. If you are a woman who loves DSLR photography, you will want this bag.

Here are some marketing photos Hannah and Jonathan took yesterday. These will go up on Hannah's online shop. Her twin sister Sarah was the model...

(That is my brown leather vintage suitcase...I use it to store all my yarn stash. Love that case!)



As you can see, Hannah is also a talented visual merchandiser. If she can do this, on the spur of the moment, in my back yard, you can imagine what she did as a visual merchandiser for a large (now out of business) clothing store chain.

Please spread the word, and let your friends know about this beautiful camera bag! Other than the Jeanne Oliver bag (which is sold out right now) there just are not any beautiful DSLR camera bags out there. Not like this.

11 comments:

MrsWendy said...

BRAVO HANNAH! Love the new bag and looking forward to seeing more in her online store! : )

Anonymous said...

Adding my BRAVOs to sisterWendy's... and to the overall concept from start to finish, the gorgeous design, workmanship, 'tellin' about it here on your blog, all the way to the model and 'props'. LOVE IT *ALL*, along with 'you ALL'. <3
[But I need a tutorial on DSLR cameras and vocabulary! haha... I don't even know what DSLR means! AAAAACK. Plus one or two of those other words that I'm not even remembering... :::sigh::: ]

Anonymous said...

PS from my previous comment: these are two of the terms [besides DSLR - HAHA] that I don't have a clue about! Thank you for 'ejakatin' me!
>>>my little Gateway netbook)
>>>a boot flash.

love over the mtns... :o)))

Kelly said...

Ohhh it is so cute! I tell you that Hannah and Sarah can make about anything I think. They are both so talented :) Way to go Hannah! I am awaiting my tote that she is making me, she did an excellent job on a tote that I bought for Amy's birthday..!! Simply amazed!

Anonymous said...

How beautiful! Makes me want to get a camera just so I could have an original "Hanna" bag !
Exellant job!

Vickie e

Liz Overton said...

LOVE it! Hannah is so talented! I might have to get one of those when she starts selling them.

Knit and Purl Mama said...

That Camera bag is STUNNING! I want one!

sinzzfaiza ismail said...

Lovely bags!

sinzzfaiza ismail said...

Lovely bags!

Brianna B said...

Is this bag or pattern available?
Brianna.byman@gmail.com

Sheila Atchley said...

Hi Brianna! My daughter makes them. Is there an email address I can give her, so that the two of you can confer together on it? She does beautiful, custom work. Thank you for asking! :)