"I Love...The Church" {February, The Month of Love}


In celebration of this "month of love", why not begin a short series titled, "I Love..."

Pretty open ended.  I like it.  I could go anywhere with this...

...but I will begin with the church.  I.  Love.  The.  Church.  Not just Harvest Church, where my husband is senior pastor - but THE church.  The bride of Christ.  The called-out, chosen ones.  The family of God, the people of God. 

I love the organized church. 
I love the disorganized church.
I love home churches.
I ~love~ small churches.
I love big churches.
I love mega churches.
I love interesting church buildings.
I love church history.
I love all things church.

So, I'm pretty much a church chick.  If you are not part of...and I do mean part of...a local church, I strongly suspect, nay am convinced that you are missing out on one of the biggest, most wonderful, most tedious, most awesome, most wrenching, most indescribably sweet blessings this side of heaven.  You likely think you are blessed without the local church - but that's only because you think the level of blessing you have experienced is all there is.

There is more.

Like...way, way more.

Yeah, it comes at a price.  Most worthwhile things do. 


If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunning.

If I do not remember thee, let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth; if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy.


No comments: