Bacon For a Crowd - The Easy Way

Am I the only one who thought bacon for breakfast meant standing over a cast iron griddle, flipping and flipping (the bacon...not me, silly!) and getting those painful pinpricks of hot grease on your arms?

For twenty years, that is what bacon for breakfast meant to me. But we still ate a lot of it.

Well, no more! No more standing over my griddle, flipping bacon, that is. Shoot,people...I'll never go without bacon. There'll be bacon, or some version of it, in heaven, I'm pretty sure. And I have deep theological reasons for thinking so.

So here's what you do. This is so easy, you'll want to kiss me.

Take a large griddle, or rimmed baking sheet, and line it with foil. (My pan up there is a Calphalon nonstick, hard anodized griddle - the biggest size they make. It barely fits in my oven...it is also oven-safe, to 500 degrees.)

Pop it in a cool oven. Put it in diagonally, if your griddle is also too big for your generously sized oven. Turn your oven on to 400 degrees. Walk away for 17-20 minutes.

I'm serious. Go get dressed, or read your Bible, or grab a shower. In 20 minutes, here is what you'll get:

Um...sorry. A bunch of bacon got inhaled before I could even snap the picture. Soooooo good. Soooooo easy.

And no more of those pesky little pinprick-size grease burns. No flipping.

No. Flipping.

This tip is worth a thousand dollars. I should have a Paypal up and running on my blog, for all the eager and happy and grateful contributions that ought to come rolling in. (Just kidding...)

5 comments:

Sarah Howe said...

Dang mom!!!!! lol and here I have been flipping this WHOLE TIME!

Christina said...

That's what my family does. Mom was tired of cooking bacon on the stove so she and I decided to try the oven. So good! We microwave the sausage instead of cooking them on the oven. Just as good and less greasy to boot. Yum, yum!

MrsWendy said...

I'm going to give this a try!! Thanks for the tip!!

Unknown said...

Love it! I did the same thing last year. I'm cooking-impaired, though, so I had to Google "bacon in oven" or something like that. People even get into arguments over the way to cook bacon in the oven; it is apparently quite an art. It was pretty funny.

I cover mine because I'm afraid of splatters and I hate cleaning the oven. Does it splatter for you? I would rather just stick it in there.

Sheila Atchley said...

Hi Andrea!

It does not splatter for me! I *think* the secret is the cool oven - and putting the bacon on a cold surface as opposed to a hot one?? I don't know - but my bacon doesn't splatter dangerously at all, doesn't make a mess in the bottom of my stove.

Hi Christina! *waving*

Hi Wendy and Thay-wah! :-)