Laughed At...by a Baby.

As I've shared before, I have this morning ritual.


The back story here is that last night, right before bed, I tossed my hair straight up in a messy bun, to get it out of my way. One must do that to read without distraction.


Unfortunately, I fell asleep that way. This morning, I got dressed without even looking in a mirror. As I was throwing on clothes and a necklace in record time, I heard my grandson making sweet noises to himself. I went to him, bent over him, face to face, to say my good mornings.

His eyes disappeared behind a smile. He broke out in a broad, amused grin.


Then, he made a sound that can only be described as....well, as scathing laughter.



I decided to scoop him up, grab the point-and-shoot, and take our picture together...just so I could see what he sees. What does he find so amusing about his Mimi?




Oh. ::clears throat:: That.




Sometimes, it bites to see ourselves the way others see us.

Good grief.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

lol lol lol lol lol lol

Summer said...

Sheila ,You made my day and your writings inspire me .....keep up the great posts .....I would also like to ask you to pray for a dear friend of mine whom I feel is just a few minutes away from accepting CHRIST into her heart ..... Her name is Debbie and she is deep need of serious prayer (physically , emotionally and most of all spiritually ) ....i know you are a mature christian and that you will lift her in prayer ....thank you kindly !!

Sheila Atchley said...

Praying for Debbie right now!