The Mama Roo Swing



This is the way-cool baby swing I told you about. (I'm hoping this YouTube video embeds properly!) This is Jeremiah Bailey's swing - called "The Mama Roo Swing". It can play your music from your ipod, and the movement of this swing is amazing...specially designed to soothe babies.

My, how times have changed.

24 years ago when my twin girls were born, it was a big advance to have one of the first battery powered infant swings. And I did have one. One. It was purchased gently used and given to me, a gift from our then-pastor's wife Sandi Fatow. The other was also a gift, a wind-up model. Those two little swings sat, side by side, in our tiny living room, for months. I used them every single day, as you could well imagine....two babies, with no one available to help consistently. Those swings were my lifeline.

Three cheers for technology! Here's hoping this sweet, amazing swing will give Jeremiah hours of entertainment and great napping...all while NOT playing those annoying, mechanized, computerized baby ditties.

3 comments:

MrsWendy said...

Very cool!

Anonymous said...

Oh.how.PRECIOUS. LOVE the 'whole picture' - sweet baby, calmed by the gentle swinging and lovely melody... AND, in the background, 'sister Hannah' singing the tune in her own heart' , the Alphabet Song! I'm so blessed because I dropped in and found this! Made my cloudy day BRIGHT! :) loveU, ann-onymous

Unknown said...

Amazing swing... and even more.... incredible family!!!!