A Quick Spring Sewing Project



A set of dishtowels for my kitchen - here's one of them.


I propose a toast to bringing some Spring Color into our homes, my friends! Our pear trees are budding, daffodils are coming up, and the maple tree has its characteristic red buds all over it.


Which reminds me of the time a friend of mine was looking off into the distance, at the tree line of her property. This friend was known for correcting others when they mis-spoke. She said knowingly, "I love spring. See the Redbuds coming in down there?"...


....but...they were Maples. Maple trees. Maple trees bud red. Redbud trees don't really bud bright red, and they are smaller than most Maples. But did I correct her?


Nah. It isn't my thing. I just let it go, and thought she might figure it out when her redbuds sprouted green maple leaves.
I heart trees. I know a few of them by name.

Spring has almost sprung around here!

1 comment:

MrsWendy said...

How fun!! :-) ...And I LOVE the new blog layout too! Very nice! :-)