Resurrection Sunday Decorating

A handmade clay candle holder that I get out each season around Lent. It is four sided, depicting the Last Supper, the Crucifixion, the Pieta, and the Resurrection...





Here it is in its context, with the whole Spring/Resurrection vignette...



The table...

I don't iron my tablecloths...ahem.




The beginnings of a place setting...no silverware, glasses, or napkins yet, but you have to loooove the plates!

The four candles, representing the four Sundays between now and Resurrection Sunday...



Here is yours truly working on the shot with the antique dresser draped in forsythia, and my blue candlesticks and huge pasta plate - I love the color, and use it to bring some spring into the dining room.

Lastly, I thought I'd show you the finished snood I knitted recently. Today is probably the last day - until next October - that the weather will be cool enough for me to wear it...

My youngest son is giving me no end of grief over the yellow T-shirt and the pink cowl. He's embarrassed that his home schooling mother doesn't match. I told him "matching is for amateurs."

Also, if you can see them, those are the bifocal readers I was excited about a couple of weeks ago. I pretty much wear them every day. Get lots of compliments on them...people say I look like Sarah Palin in them.

::perky sniff::

2 comments:

Summer said...

Everything looks so pretty
....Lent is a time of introspection and renewal for me and i do a little decorating ( I don't iron the tableclth either
.... I like the snood and tell him yellow and pink are a team ( at least for us ) ....You do resemble sarah palin ....Well as long as it keeps snowing and the temps stay below freezing I'll need a snood until june ....Rest well

Cat said...

I'm stopping because your lovely daughter suggested I do! :) Nice to "meet" you. :) My name is Cat and your daughter is one of my newest readers. Just thought I'd say hey and love your blog! So cool...I wish I could talk my mom into starting a blog. :)
Blessings, Cat (www.constantinchaos.blogspot.com)