Actual Snowflakes and Your Very Own Pretend Snowflakes...

Photographs by Wilson "Snowflake" Bentley, early 20th century:










"Under the microscope, I found that snowflakes were miracles of beauty; and it seemed a shame that this beauty should not be seen and appreciated by others. Every crystal was a masterpiece of design and no one design was ever repeated., When a snowflake melted, that design was forever lost. Just that much beauty was gone, without leaving any record behind."

Wilson "Snowflake" Bentley 1925


Flurries are falling this night here in east Tennessee. It gets me to thinking about snowflakes, and an extravagantly creative God.


Here is a link for you to create your very own pretend, virtual snowflakes. Warning: this is addictive. Have fun!

2 comments:

Ursula said...

Mine are stuck on my window, at night i light candles that reflect and whne the sun shines through it...it reflects on my wall! SOOOOO fun! Though we are heading into spring now...so me thinks a change of decor is necessary...though I am moving in two week...hmmmmmmm

Sheila Atchley said...

Moving? Where are you going?? Here's a (((((hug)))))) my girl. Thanks for stopping by, I've missed you!