Chili, How I Love Thee!

It's time.

Let your heart feel the happiness in those words:  it's time.  Time for what, you ask?

Time for chili, friends.



We have an Atchley tradition.  We stop eating chili when the weather warms up, long about middle April.  We don't let a bite of that magical stuff pass our lips until the weather reports forecast the evening temperatures to dip into the 40's.

A forecasted low of 49 is just enough.  For 49 degrees, we'll pull all the makin's for chili out of the cupboard.

Tonight, for the first time since last early-spring, the temperatures are going to dip all the way down to about 47 degrees.  There is anticipation in the very air in the cottage today. 

It's time.

For more about chili, click here.

Are you ready to speak in strange tongues?  How hot can you stand it?

1 comment:

Susan said...

Granddad & I LOVE chili!!! He keeps lovingly *reminding* me that the last time I made chili for him was --- well, we'll just say "quite some time ago". I think I need to do some grocery shopping for some ingredients now ...