Monday


Are your Mondays crazy-busy?  I assume everyone's Mondays are like that.  Wanting the best possible start to my and my family's week, I cram all I can into that day-after-Sunday, beginning day of the work week. 

My favorite thing is to get everything done that I wanted to.  Needless to say, I don't get to experience my favorite feeling very often.

Today was no exception.  It is ten o'clock and I'm not yet done.  Sheets still need to be put on beds...among other things.  But oh well, I got all the grocery shopping done for the week,  balanced the checkbook, processed four sinkfuls of dirty dishes (my deep double sinks - twice), did the laundry, took care of my birdies, and blah blah blah I'm boring you.  Sorry.

Hey - I made an amaaaaaazing batch of home made shrimp n' grits for dinner!  That was some good eatin'.

Tomorrow, I'm planning on a beef and barley soup for dinner...with a salad featuring cranberries, toasted walnuts, and blue cheese...and I think I'll try to make some yeast rolls.  I think breakfast will be steel-cut oatmeal with berries.  After breakfast, there'll be Isaac's school to oversee - I've got a little bit of active teaching to do there.  And after that, all the stuff I couldn't get to today will be rolled into tomorrow. 

::sigh::

My knitting is calling me.  There was never a more relaxing, productive hobby (other than reading or walking, of course)...and to be productive while relaxing is a good, good, good thing.  I'm thoroughly addicted to Yarn Arts.  I do basic knitting and crochet - don't ask me which I like best, because I can't say. 

Hope your Monday was full of accomplishments, small and big!  And here's a hug and a prayer that your Tuesday  is brim-full of grace and peace and productivity.  Right now...think of something really important and amazing to do tomorrow.  Can't you just feel the happiness of that?  Can't you feel the anticipation beginning to brew?  If so, you have positioned yourself for a blessed Tuesday...you are wise.

No comments: