The Best Kind of Day...


Look at a day when you are supremely satisfied at the end. It's not a day when you lounge around doing nothing; it's when you've had everything to do, and you've done it

~ Margaret Thatcher

How did ya'll spend your "extra day" today?  I finalized some trip details, perused an antique store, played with my grandson, caught up on some much needed research, filled out forms related to my youngest son and his education, did a rather in depth teaching (via Facebook letter/private message) on the baptism in the Holy Spirit - answering the questions of a young college student, cooked a simple dinner, did about ten pages of editing a friend of a friend's new book...

...and made art.   Oh, that...the art... so filled my tank.  It was the art-making that was the homage to my very own extra day of The Good Life.  I had thought about getting a pedicure, but our weather turned very nasty, and I didn't want to risk being out in it.  So I came home from the antique store, and sat down with guache and watercolors and all manner of mixed media, to work on an altered book that I am creating for a special someone.

I'm not the only high achiever.  My daughter Hannah crocheted an entire owl.  (Pictures, hopefully tomorrow...)

And I have ended my Extra Day by watching an absolutely rockin', slammin', breathtaking, ridiculously powerful DVD teaching by Louie Giglio, followed by writing this blog post.

During the DVD teaching, I shouted (and raised my hands in pure wonder and praise).  Ask The Preacher, he was with me.  Heck, ask my daughter and son-in-law, they were in the other end of the house.

Our God is a good God.  And my Extra Day has been grace-saturated. 

No comments: